Lead Investigator Dr. Sana Shahram
This lab is focused on Population Health Approaches to Implementing Research (k)Nowledge for Equitable Systems & Strategies in Health (PHAIRNESS). The aim is to reorient health systems toward health equity through the systematic application of a health equity lens to improve health outcomes. Building on established research partnerships with BC Health System partners and the Ktunaxa Nation (KTN), and recognizing that Indigenous communities are essential partners in working towards improved equity in health systems, this program of research is organized into two complementary themes: 1) implementing a health equity lens within the BC health system to promote health equity and achieve equitable outcomes; and, 2) developing and implementing a decolonized methodology for co-learning between Indigenous and non-Indigenous knowledge systems.
- Dr. Bernie Pauly (Canadian Institute of Substance Use Research & University of Victoria)
- Dr. Christopher Horsethief (University of Victoria)
- Dr. Trevor Corneil, Dr. Sue Pollock, Dr. Dee Taylor (Interior Health)
- Dr. Lenora Marcellus (University of Victoria)
- Dr. Karen Urbanoski (Canadian Institute of Substance Use Research & University of Victoria)
- Alex Kent (SFU), Research Coordinator