Lead Investigator Dr. Kathy Rush
This lab seeks to enhance the health and wellbeing of older adults with complex health challenges, across healthcare and geographic contexts. We study health services and transitions in care for older adults with cardiac conditions (e.g., atrial fibrillation) and have a special interest in the application of perspectives of risk. Emphasis is on designing innovative approaches to bring services closer to home for older adults and support their self-management. A variety of methodological approaches are used such as journey mapping, photovoice and discourse analysis.
Current projects are examining virtual healthcare delivery such as telehealth for rural older adults with cardiac conditions (e.g., atrial fibrillation) and the role of rural citizen-led coalitions in meeting the complex healthcare needs of older adults.
- Jeannine Costigan (Interior Health), Dixie Butt (Interior Health), Jaymi Chernoff (Interior Health), Dr. Frank Halperin (Cardiology Associates Kelowna), Dr. Petr Polasek (Cardiology Associates Kelowna), Jacqueline Gabelhouse (Central Okanagan Association of Cardiac Health), Anne Pistawka (Central Okanagan Association of Cardiac Health), Nicole Gorman (Interior Health), Louann Janicki (Interior Health)
- Dr. Mike Chiasson (Management, UBCO), Dr. Gareth Jones (Health and Exercise Science, UBCO), Dr. Linda Hatt (Psychology, UBCO), Jessica Barker (Nursing, UBCO), Dr. Barbara Jean Buckley (Nursing, Thompson Rivers University), Dr. Silvia Straka (Social Work, Thompson Rivers University)
- Dr. Fastone Goma (Medicine, University of Zambia)
- Colleen duManoir, MSN student
- Mary Kjorven, PHD IGS candidate
- Ryan Wilson, PhD IGS candidate