I have been teaching nursing since 2010. I taught at North Island College in the Comox Valley and am grateful to have joined the school of nursing at UBCO in 2014.
My previous clinical nursing practice includes maternity, pediatrics, medical and surgical acute care in a rural hospital; maternity care in tertiary care hospitals in Canada and the United States; urban public health nursing; and prenatal teaching.
My volunteer work and graduate studies have been in community health and social policy with a broad exploration of rural community development, community planning, food security, municipal policy, and harm reduction.
- Master of Public Health (Social Policy), University of Victoria
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of British Columbia
- Perinatal Specialty, British Columbia Institute of Technology
In 2020-21 I will be teaching:
- NRSG 328: Health of the Childbearing Family
- NRSG 338: Nursing practice with childbearing families (Kelowna General)
- NRSG 422: Leadership
Areas of interest:
- Active learning in perinatal and childbearing families teaching
- Best practices in clinical education and mentorship of clinical teachers
- Remediation for students with challenges in clinical practice
- Teaching and Learning Enhancement Fund, 2019/20: Interprofessional Lactation Module for Health Sciences- IP Lactation
- Clinical Teacher Mentor, 2018-present
- Year 3 Specialty Semester Team Leader, 2020-present