Apologies, but no results were found.
Associate Professor of Teaching
School of NursingOffice: ART177
Courses & Teaching
My focus is pediatric health promotion, child mental health, and family centered care. My dissertation focused on the importance of collaborative and supportive care for families of children and adolescents with eating disorders to improve recovery rates.
EdD University of British Columbia, 2015
MSN University of British Columbia 2007
BSN University of British Columbia 2004
RN Diploma Okanagan University Collage 1999
Research Interests & Projects
- Pediatric health promotion
- Pediatric mental health
- Pediatric eating disorders
- Family centered care
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Whiteley, R., Gillespie, J., Robinson, C., Watts, W., & Carter, D. (2014). Effective Teaching and Learning in Interprofessional Education in Child Welfare. Journal of Education and Training Studies, 2 (4) 148-158. doi:10.1114/jets.v2i4.427
- Robinson, Cathy. (2011). Eating and health related disorders. In J.W. Andrews and P. Istanffy (Eds), Exceptional Life Journeys: Stories of Childhood Disorder. Massachusetts, USA: Elsevier
- Robinson, Cathy. (2011). A melody of hope: surviving your daughter’s eating disorder. Bloomington, IN, USA: IUniverse, Inc.
- Robinson, Cathy P. (2009). Teaching and clinical educator competency: Bringing two worlds together. International Nursing Education Scholarship: Vol. 6: Iss.1, Article 20. (p 1-14), doi:10.2202/1548-923X.1793
Selected Grants & Awards
Golden Apple Award, Fostering Instructor-Students Relationship, UBCO Campus Health. April 2020
UBC, Okanagan Teaching Honour Roll (2005-2006, 2007-2008, 2008 – 2009, 2010 – 2011, 2011-2012)
Award Nomination – The John F. McCreary Prize for Interprofessional Teamwork; June 2011